The Boys & Girls Club of Fredericksburg is committed to empower all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as responsible, caring, and productive citizens. It serves Fredericksburg’s youth by promoting long-term success with proven, effective programs that prepare young people to overcome the limitations of economic and social circumstance and the dangers of academic failure, substance abuse, anti-social behavior and unhealthy lifestyles. Its fees are intentionally kept low to assure that all girls & boys can afford to belong.
The membership of the Boys & Girls Club of Fredericksburg reflects those segments of our community who most need the support that a Boys & Girls Club offers. And while young families with limited resources struggle to provide a promising future for their children, the Boys & Girls Club directly addresses the challenges these children face by providing members with:
* Character and Leadership: These programs empower youth to participate in the democratic process. They help develop leadership skills, present opportunities for decision-making, and celebrate our national heritage.
* Education and Career: These programs help youth dream for the future. They provide opportunities for boys and girls to explore careers and enhance their education.
* Health and Life Skills: These programs help youth achieve and maintain healthy, active lifestyles. Boys and girls nurture their own well-being, set personal goals, and live as self-sufficient adults.
* The Arts: Arts programs develop creativity and cultural awareness through visual arts, crafts, performing arts, photography, and creative writing.
* Sports, Fitness and Recreation: Sports programs are a hallmark of Boys & Girls Clubs across America. They help boys and girls incorporate fitness into their leisure time, appreciate the environment, and learn skills for stress management.
* Special Initiatives: Each Club has the freedom to create and adapt BGCA programs to meet the needs of their boys and girls.
Participation in Boys & Girls Club programs significantly improves the odds that a child will graduate on time, go to college, make positive life choices, and create a satisfying life. We believe that economic circumstance should never decide whether a child can join and participate. Affordability is the key, but the fees paid by the members’ families account for only about 15% of the cost of operating the Club. The Boys & Girls Clubs of the Texas Hill Country is a 501 (c) 3 public charity that relies on the people of our community to understand the profound value inherent in giving so many children a better chance for a better future.
All proceeds from the Shopping Tournament benefit the Boys & Girls Club of Fredericksburg.